Thursday, July 15, 2010

Batteries & the Beach

Now that the camera has new batteries, it was time to head down to the park again for sunset. You wanted to see pictures, right? Check this out, my accommodations for the night are ready. Too bad I had already eaten dinner. This looks like some of the best appetizers I've ever seen! Kelp & flowers on the half shell! I'm not sure what kind of flowers these are. I've never noticed them before. They were like a lavender carpet! I was trying to get the waves splashing these logs on the beach. I love how the sun makes the water look. And yes, I did get just a little wet from this one! A bigger splash. Love the colors in this one too! My friend the eagle. Someone coming in from crabbing. The sun disappears.
So how was your Thursday? I went to the LaConner Quilt Museum to see the Japanese quilt exhibit. If you haven't been, go. Stunning! Then it was lunch at Nell Thorn. If you are ever in
La Conner you need to eat here. I had grilled salmon salad & since it was a late b-day celebration, I split a dessert with Yvonne. The best ever, chewy, moist , nutty brownie topped with ice cream a little dollop of fresh whipped cream finished off with a caramel drizzle. I didn't eat dinner!

Until next time.................Sharon

No comments: