Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hero Quilters

Here are the brave ones (brave enough to have our picture taken that is) with some of the finished American Hero Quilts from our October 18th sew day. From top to bottom are Linda, Karen, Gayle, Cindy-patriotic pants, & me. We have 10-20 people at our monthly sew days. There's always good food! I had missed a couple months because I was in California at a baby shower or I was waiting for "Little Mister". It was good to get together with everyone. All of the people involved with our Stanwood-Camano group are amazing. I can't get over how many quilts they keep making! Our total for quilts turned in at this sew day was 29 quilt tops,10 tops with backs & 9 finished quilts!!!!!!! All of the quilts go to wounded soldiers in Washington State. There is a Wounded Warrior Unit at
Ft Lewis that has asked for 100 quilts a month! You can go to the American Hero Quilts website to see how you can help or if you'd like to join our group e-mail me.
To all the quilters & piecers who make all this possible..........................................
Thank you for all you do! Sharon

No comments: