Friday, August 27, 2010

This Week's Quilts & a Garage Sale.

I have to say, my favorite quilt this past week was Sandy's "Who Brought Dip". This veggie medley popped with her black inner border. Doesn't it make you want to go to the Farmer's Market?
She said to "do my own thing". I have never done freehand veggies before, so I got out a book & practiced drawing some veggies. I couldn't resist putting in a few bugs. There's always bugs in my garden. I also added lots of leaves. This caterpillar took a bit out of the leaf! I tried everything from carrots, onions, tomatoes, peas, radishes & more. It was really fun. This is a new pine cone panto I used on Diane's Alaska quilt for her husband. I have a quilt of my own I want to use this on. For a fun new quilting design go to Green Fairy Quilts blog. Judi posted the best little video of a Flower Swirl design she does. Aren't quilters the best?
If you aren't busy tomorrow(Saturday) stop by Aunt Mary's Quilt Shop for her annual Garage Sale. Our Hero Quilt group is having a table full of goodies. All of our money will be used to buy fabric & batting for American Hero Quilts.
I'll be back soon. It's almost time to start the countdown to Nanaland for Little Mister's big birthday...................Sharon

No comments: