Friday, August 13, 2010

Time To Say Hello Again

A lot has happened in the last 2 weeks. I came home last Friday to find this on my door step. This was inside. Remember here when I won? The fat quarter bundle arrived & is now in my sewing room with my favorite sunset picture waiting to become a quilt. This is Jean's Snowbound block. She used yo-yo's for the wagon wheels. Why didn't I think of that? This is Linda's cute little Snoopy quilt for her daughter's friend's nephew. He's visiting for a week & needed his own quilt! Sorry about the blur. Paula over at The Granary made this using the Twister ruler. Go here & check it out. The center uses the 10" square & the border uses the 5" square. I can't wait to get the ruler's & try this. Last week we had the CIQ summer picnic at Jo's house. Lots of visiting. Then eating.And more eating. And then Show & Tell. Mandy,from Over The Rainbow, made this beautiful quilt for a friend's wedding present & Susan Palmer did the quilting. That's Jo, our hostess on the left.
I hope everyone has plans to enjoy the nice weather this weekend. I have a long arm group get together tomorrow at Judy's . We'll see the progress on her coy pond. Also I'm sure her "goat girls" will want some attention. As an added bonus everyone is bringing a quilt to hang on her fence or porch railing. I'll be sure & take pictures.

See you again soon!...........Sharon

No comments: