Wednesday, February 17, 2010

T minus 8 & counting

Here's a quick post before I go. The first picture is of my Tulip blocks for CIQ. My guild is having a small quilt challenge. The finished pieces will hang at the LaConner Quilt Museum during the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival & then be sold as a fundraiser for the museum. More on the dates later.
Secret Pal strikes again. Thank you. Mmmmmm chocolate! Mary Lou Wiedman posted valentines that were her mother's. I always have these out for
V-day at my house. The paper doilie valentine was made by Mom in 1943 & I think given to her Mother. The framed photo was at Dad's & must have been a gift from her when they were dating. Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day! We went to Jasmin Thai for a delicious dinner. Joanna called this morning to tell me about fog, traffic & power outages in her area. All the ferries between Oakland & SF were canceled this morning & traffic was a huge mess due to fog. If that wasn't enough to deal with the power was out in Palo Alto ! Hope the sun burns that fog off fast, this Nana had a grandson to see!
Gotta run, still have a few things left to pack! Leaving for the Airporter soon.
Nana Sharon

No comments: