Thursday, May 7, 2009

Taming the Beast


I shouldn't call humungo quilts beasts, but after wrestling them on the machine & quilting(what seems like forever) That's what it feels like when you are done! This quilt was made for a friend's friend. The bed is king size with a pillow top. My bed is only queen size with no pillow top, how do I get on my friend's "please make a quilt for me list?"

Anyway here's a peek at one of the blocks. I tried my own version of "Just Leaf It" for the background fill. I'll head over to Webshots & load some more of the pictures for you to look at. The count down is now 3 days left until I'm off to Grandmaland..................woohoo!!!!!!!!
Sharon

1 comment:

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Beautiful and I love the design of the red star! I don't quilt my own things and so I don't have to worry about words like humongo! Haha. Your blog is delightful and fun to visit.
Mary Lou