Friday, November 7, 2008

Contest



Aren't these just the cutest? You could win the pattern to make all of them! The pattern is "Marshmallow Dreams" by Sue Daley Designs. All you have to do is go to her blog & leave a comment telling her what is your preference
Hand work - What type ?
or
Machine work - what type?

She's giving away 6 patterns. It could be your lucky week.


Hope your week hasn't been like mine. Here's what I woke up to Wednesday morning. I felt like Chicken Little only it was my living room ceiling,not the sky that was falling! It seems we had an undetected hole on the roof. I think a branch that fell during a storm started it and then when we were walking on the roof to get to the gutters clean it broke through the roof sheeting. Luckily just a little water, soggy sheetrock & a lot of insulation to clean up. It took most of the day to get it under control. Little pieces of insulation were everywhere. The vacuum got a real workout! Right now it looks like Ma & Pa Kettle live here. There are 3 huge black plastic garbage bags covering the hole!
We have great insurance through PEMCO. I have had a policy with them since 1975. The claims adjuster called me back within 15 minutes, had a contractor here by 2:30 to put a temporary patch on the roof(the hole is the size of a 50 cent piece) & I had a check in my hand by 4:30. I just keep telling myself that it could have been worse. The ceiling fell in above an area rug, missing my quilting machine & any other furniture in the room. Lucky for us the torrential rains did not start here until Thursday,whew!
So here's to a better week, enter the contest, someone has to get lucky!
Stay tuned for more Little Mister pictures soon!
33 days to Grandmaland............................Sharon

No comments: