Thursday, October 20, 2011

MQX-Last Week's Fun

Last week I went to Portland Oregon to a big quilt show, MQX. It was also an opportunity for me to take some long arm quilting classes.
Someone went here. Third stop going west from the Convention Center & 2 blocks up. I could only eat half. Like eating a pancake swimming in syrup.
There were lots of special quilts.

If I ever spent this much time quilting something...........bring me back to reality please!
Some just pretty to look at.

Others with some new quilting ideas.
And some award winners. Wanda from Heartbeat Quilting made this beauty. The applique blocks were her mother's. You can tell there was a lot of love put into making the blocks & Wanda's beautiful quilting.
These are 2 of the ladies that made some of the blocks in this quilt. They are from the Boistfort Valley in Washington State. The quilt was made to honor the farming in the valley. One of them did the pig & the other cut our all the flowers. Take a close look at each block. The different footprints of each animal is quilted into the quilt along with a few surprises.



The Best of Show quilt always had too many people around it whenever I had my camera. It was "T With Miss D" by Sandra Leichner. Go here to see this lovely creation for yourself. It was quilted on a Bernina 730. Amazing!!!! Go here to see the whole quilt. Pictures do not do it justice. If you'd like to make one for yourslef check out this Amazon link.

I did take a few classes & get some new ideas. One was a whole cloth in Sue Patten's Zensuedle class. I need to quilt it & then I'll show you.

More quilts to some.
Sharon

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You'll have to tell me more on how it went! I ended up not going ;o(
ttys.