Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cupcake Crazy

Last night I drove into Stanwood to check out the new cupcake store. They were going to be open from 5-8 p.m. Isn't their logo great? Regular hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10 am - 6 pm. The line was barely out the door when I got there. I was told that earlier it went all the way down the block to the train tracks! How crazy is that? So sorry to whoever you are in the window bending over. There were only a few cupcakes left in the display case by the time I got there. Two lonely mini sample cupcakes were all that was left. The owner said they made 300 cupcakes & they were gone after an hour & a half. Here they are the owners, Cyndy & David Thompson, still smiling after scooping non-stop for a couple of hours. The ice cream they are serving is Cascade Glacier. I had the Denali Moose Tracks, chocolate wonderful! When I left there was no sign of the line letting up. There were a lot of families, which was nice. I didn't get a chance to sample any of the cupcakes. They had at least a half dozen on display to show some of the flavor offerings. Sorry, no picture. You'll just have to take my word on that one. Their promo postcard says "Stanwood Cupcakes will feature 6 daily scrumptious cupcakes & seasonal specials." If you are out & about be sure to stop in & give them a try.

I promise to have some quilt pictures before the weekend is over. Mr S & I are going to Winthrop tomorrow for lunch. I'm hoping to see some fall color & maybe a little of (dare I say it?) snow.

Sharon

No comments: