Monday, May 17, 2010

CIQ Woven Quilts Classs

Earlier this month I took a Woven Quilt class through my guild, Camano Island Quilters. Judy Irish was the teacher. She has made several of these quilts. One was a winner at Innovations! Her is one of her creations. The sunflowers had fuzzy centers. Any materials are fair game, no limits in Judy's world. Here's Judy helping one of the other students. I think they were auditioning borders. Here's Susan(go big or go home) working on her project. A lap quilt size. Can't wait to see that when it's done! Very pretty aqua colors! Hand dyed fabric was used to make this one. Don't you love the colors? This is what it looked like at the end of class. Love, love, love how she used the had dyes. The raven silhouette is so cool! Here's my creation. No borders yet. I actually found a pink & purple batik to use. I 'll also use a tiny purple flange to frame the woven part & then add the border. The flowers are from a pattern, Captivating Columbine, I got at a guild gift exchange. You can find the pattern here. I had to enlarge the pattern. It was meant to be hand appliqued, but who are they kidding? Hope everyone had a great weekend. Wasn't the weather lovely? Saturday was Hero Quilt Sew Day for me. I'll blog about that later. Yesterday we had Dad over for an early birthday dinner. Artichoke chicken, roasted veggies, red potato salad, & strawberry shortcake pie for dessert! I should have taken a picture of his plate. He said he can't eat as much as he used to. I don't know who he's kidding, it looked like Mt Saint Helens on his plate! Happy 79th Birthday Dad!
See you again soon. On the countdown again, 17 days & counting!
Sharon

No comments: