Saturday, May 8, 2010

California sewing/quilting

I meant to do a post before I left California,but Little Mister had other ideas. He was covered with red spots on Wednesday night. After having a fever of 101 a few days earlier. The doctor said it was a virus when Joanna took him in Thursday.

So a little late,here's Miss Joanna modeling an apron I made(partly before I left) using $3 fabric found at the Anacortes Quilt Show & Eva's vintage apron pattern. My Arlington quilt group buddies each made one to remember Eva. It's such a great pattern! I put the yards of bias tape on & finished sewing the pieces together at Joanna's. This is a chicken quilt I've been working on forever. Might be hard to make them out since they are beakless & combless here! Borders ready to go, now all I need is time! This is a little applique block from a Pat Sloan BOM pattern that had been in my stash for awhile. Just have November & December to go. Each block has a flag, my favorite! It's propped up against Sam's new raised bed. He is replacing their postage size front lawn with 3 raised beds. I have a few more posts. Coming home & a CIQ Woven Quilts class I took from Judy Irish today. I'm done for now. See you tomorrow!.............................Sharon

No comments: