Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Late Bloomers & Happy Chickens

Where does the time go? It keeps marching on! 

Susan made this first quilt. The pattern is "Late Bloomers" by Kim Diehl. If you want to make your own go here. I used some of the ideas from the original quilt & went from there.



Love a leaf wreath.


Aren't these flowers happy?


I treated some of the patchwork areas as one big square.


Sharon, Susan's sister, made this happy appliqué chicken quilt. The border quilting was inspired by a Sue Patten design. I used Signature Orange Craze variegated  thread. She asked for minimal quilting in the chickens, so each wing has a simple design.








If you've visited here before you know I love going to the beach at Camano Island State Park.


It was nice to see a long shadow.


I hope you all have a great week. It's going to be sunny here this weekend. Flower shopping on Friday, long arm quilting friends on Saturday & lunch with my Aunt & cousin on Sunday.

Be back soon!
Sharon





No comments: