Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Favorite Quilt Story

This is a story about my favorite quilt for 2013. The husband who did this is "Husband of the Year" in my eyes. Read on & tell me what you think. 

It was a total surprise.

The husband asked one of my friend's if she could make him a quilt for his wife.
He gave her the saved t-shirts from their son's remarkable life. The husband wanted minimum simple quilting. After I heard the story about Seth( click here & here to read about his life) I knew simple wouldn't be enough. Pushing my Christmas quilting deadlines 
I went to work.

There were Make-A-Wish trips.


Things he, Seth, would be doing. Fishing from heaven.



Building a house.


And loving where they lived.







He loved to fish & hunt. The back is a great woodland flannel to keep his Mom warm.
I hear it was a big hit. 

I have one more quilt from 2013 to share with you & maybe a picture of the Little Misters.
Here's to 2014 and what ever "fills your cup". Make life count.
Be back soon.
Sharon


No comments: