Monday, July 29, 2013

Quilts & Quilt Blocks

The Little Misters have gone home & it's quilting like crazy time for Nana. The quilts today are from Ruth. One was hand pieced. The other just plain wonderful! I used pantos on both. Interlocking Daisy & Swirl. She wanted budget friendly quilts & that's what I did for her. 


These blocks are part of a couple of QAL's(quilt alongs) that I am doing this summer. This first one is Sew Kind of Wonderful's Medallion QAL. I'm using some of the Urban Mod fabric from Art Gallery Fabrics I got at Quilt Market. Go here for the FREE pattern.


One of my favorite quilters to watch is Judi over at Green Fairy Quilts. She's hosting a "Flower Patch" QAL too. I thought this was perfect for using up my scraps from Jenny's "Curve It Up" QAL. 


I'm working on a couple other posts. The Little Mister's visit & Nana's Green Thumb gardening.
Here's a teaser from the garden.

Hope you are having a great summer. I'll try not to be MIA for so long next time. 
Quilts are calling, gotta run.

Sharon


No comments: