Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm Back.......

Portland was fun, wet, good food & more wet. I got caught driving in a hail storm. Ugh, not fun. I finally checked another fun quilt shop off of my list. Hollyhill Quilt Shop was all I thought it would be & more. It's in West Linn just south of Portland off of 205. I also helped Wanda from 
Heartbeat Quilting at her booth.
Here are few pictures from MQX as promised. I'll apologize ahead of time for not remembering all of the artist's names. 

This Zen Kimono was made by Grace Anderson.


There was lots of inspirational quilting.



Congratulations to Cindy Glancy, from our local long arm group who won 1st place for Best Emerging Entrant. 


These quilts were fun to look at.
I am so into pink & orange right now. Loved this Snail's Trail.


JoAnn Blade & Kim Diamond won a 2nd place for this stunning seahorse in the computerized category.


More inspirational quilting. The lone star quilting below is computerized. I think it would be fun to try a  freehand version of this.



This was the back of a quilt. I would get locked away in the looney bin if I ever attempted to do this. Good thing there are quilters out there who love this kind of work!



I've never taken a hands on class before & love the results from a class with Jamie Wallen. Talk about inspiring & fun. I can't wait to get this on my machine & play some more. On the bottom left are bleeding hearts.


This bottom row was doing mirror image. Lots of funky curls too.


The best thing that happened was I feel revived & my creative juices got going again.  I have lots of quilts to get to this week & will be back soon with more pictures.
Have a great week & stay warm.
Sharon The Quilter 




No comments: