Monday, September 17, 2012

Snowman Alphabet & A Hero Quilt

Karen does it again with another great Crabapple Hill pattern. 

I did a different take on snowflakes.


And swirly girled my way around all the lovely embroidery.



I love these quilts. Maybe someday I'll make one for myself.

We had a sew day for American Hero Quilts on Saturday at Aunt Mary's Quilt Shop. This quilt was put together by Alanna. She cut the stars out of strip pieced blocks we get from a group that sews at the Snohomish Senior Center. Sadly the need for quilts is not slowing down. AHQ is sending 100 quilts a month to a military hospital in Afghanistan. If you'd like to join us e-mail me & I'll get you on the list.


Gotta run. Quilts are calling. Don't tell Little Mister but I'm going to see him next week. It's his birthday. I've been busy putting the finishing touches on his surprise present.

Be sure & soak up some of this great sunshine we are having. 

Sharon



 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

So pretty! The quilting matches the embroidery so nicely.

Unknown said...

Очень интересные одеяла. Понравились вышивки, много сюжетов.